Updated: May 14, 2020
3½ cups whole spelt flour
½ cup rolled oats
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
2 tbsps baking powder
1 tsp sea salt
2 cups unflavored, unsweetened almond milk, warmed
2 tbsps maple syrup
2 tbsps coconut oil, melted
¼ cup rolled oats (for topping)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease (with coconut oil) and flour a 9×5 loaf pan.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the spelt flour, oats, pumpkin seeds, baking powder and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the warmed milk, maple syrup and oil until thoroughly mixed.
4. Mix together the wet and dry ingredients until completely combined.
5. Pour batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle the ¼ cup rolled oats over the top. Gently press the oats onto the batter.
6. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
7. Let cool completely.
8. Invert the pan and gently remove the bread from the loaf pan (it should easily fall out). Use within 2 days, or slice and freeze for longer storage.